Digi Europe Ltd (United Kingdom) - Essential services, including supermarkets, continue to serve communities throughout the COVID-19 crisis, and around the world measures are being taken to promote safe and hygienic practices. DIGI's contactless solutions provide a more sanitary experience at the checkout, helping both staff and shoppers stay safe and giving them peace of mind.
Checkout solutions that minimize contact between the cashier and customer.
DIGI’s contactless self-weighing solution is aimed to complement these new measures by significantly reducing shoppers’ average transaction time and physical contact at the self-weighing station. This helps retailers to minimize the risk of cross-contamination while giving both customers and employees peace of mind.
- Safe- Reduce risk of infection and cross-contamination
- Hygienic- No touch required on scale
- Fast- Reduce transaction time with auto PLU call-up
- Simple- Easy operation
- Self-Service- Reduce reliance on operator assistance
- Reduce Shrinkage- Ensure all items are automatically tagged to the mobile device
Self-Checkout WEB-3000 Series:
Self-checkout allows the customer to scan items and process payments themselves, freeing shop staff from having to work registers or handle money in a crowded and close-contact environment.
Mobile checkout 'DIGI Shop&Go':
Shoppers use their own device to scan items and checkout, allowing stores to operate with fewer staff. Payments are processed at a self-payment station situated in a designated checkout lane, keeping customer contact to a minimum.
In addition, benefits to shoppers include:
- No need for cashiers to touch items to scan them
- No need to use a designated device that was touched by other shoppers
- Skipping the lines by checking out at a designated lane, reducing the time it takes for a shopping trip
- Long lines caused by social distancing can be shortened
- Cashless payments, no need to touch cash
- Items are placed directly into the shopper's bag as they scan them, eliminating any physical contact at bagging areas.