Sealed Air Corporation (United States) - This position is responsible for providing maintenance support to a Bubble and Plastics Extrusion Plant. The candidate preferably has had previous exposure to controls (PLC) and electrical troubleshooting, and must have experience with mechanical processes, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems. A basic understanding of bulk material transport equipment to include loaders, hoppers, and vacuum system is desired. The candidate should possess basic computer skills, have a good work ethic, and be safety minded with the ability to work in a group environment or independently. A basic understanding of Continuous Improvement is a plus.
- Perform mechanical/electrical maintenance to meet safety, housekeeping, quality, cost and production requirements with minimal supervision.
- Perform trouble shooting and calibration.
- Perform overhauls and preventative maintenance inspections on machinery and equipment.
- Install new equipment and make modifications to existing equipment.
- Rebuild equipment components.
- Accept personal responsibility for condition of assigned equipment.
- Prepare written and verbal reports/recommendations.
- Assist other maintenance team members as required in support of plant goals.
- Experience with DC drives, control circuitry, and plastics extrusion equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of the building and all the equipment in the plant as required.
- Process development, improvement and troubleshooting as required.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to multi-task, have good communication skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Industrial Electronics or related field.
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic control systems.
- Exposure to Programmable Logic Controllers (Programming experience NOT required).
- Strong electrical background preferred.
- Millwork, machine work, and welding experience preferred.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious mindset.
- Experience using a computer (SAP, MS Office).
- Ability to drive a forklift
- HSD or equivalent
- Two year technical degree preferred
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to frequently lift to 40lbs.
- Able to constantly work in a non-conditioned environment.
- Able to frequently ascend/descend a ladders/stair as required to repair equipment
Starting your first day, Sealed Air offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Wellness Programs, Life Insurance, Retirement Benefits (401k matching program), Profit Sharing and other perks such as:
- Competitive PTO that increases with tenure
- Legal Plan coverage & Identity Theft Protection
- 10 paid Company Holidays
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Unused Sick Time Payout of 100%
- Pet Insurance
- Health Savings Account – including HSA contributions and wellness incentives
- Recognition Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Educational Assistance
- Company Paid Paternity Leave
- Scholarship Award Program
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Marketplace