Siemens (Germany) - Press Release: The clever and sustainable alternative to the weighing terminal.
Conveyor belt scales are used wherever material quantities are to be recorded on conveyor belts. These typically consist of a belt scale, a speed sensor and weighing electronics. As an integral part of SIMATIC ET 200SP, the SIWAREX WP341 weighing module integrates this measurement task completely and seamlessly for belt scales, weighfeeders, and solids flowmeters into the automation environment.
The intelligent technology module measures the signals of the load cells and speed sensors directly wired to the SIMATIC ET 200SP Base-Unit; calculates the main process values like flow rate, belt load, belt speed, and six totalizers; and provides all these to the connected controller. Standalone weighing terminals in the field therefore can be replaced completely, becoming a thing of the past.
The web server integrated in the module that can be used for commissioning and servicing purposes as an alternative to the HMI.
In combination with the digital junction box SIWAREX DB, completely new opportunities in the area of service and diagnostics are available. Up to four analog standard load cells can be connected to the SIWAREX DB. The load cell signals are directly digitalized inside the junction box and transferred to the SIWAREX WP341. Therefore every load cell can be monitored and diagnosed independently. Besides the load cell signal voltage, advanced diagnostic data like resistance, excitation current, sense voltage as well as a wire break detection for every single cell is provided. Occurring errors are reported channel-granular to the PLC. The compensation of different load cell output signals (corner load compensation / load cell balancing) can also be performed conveniently and digitally without potentiometers or solder resistors.
The whole performance of SIWAREX WP341 is packed in an ultra-compact design. With a width of only 20 mm and a height of 65 mm it is one of the smallest weighing electronics worldwide.
Due to the seamless integration into the ET 200SP system it can be directly connected to SIMATIC PLC systems such as S7-300, -400, -1200 and -1500, which makes it a smart alternative to “black-box” weighing terminals.
Continuous weighing with high accuracy offered by the SIWAREX WP341.
- Ultra-compact: 20 mm width, 65 mm height
- Fast and detailed troubleshooting in combination with the digital junction box SIWAREX DB
- High-accuracy load and speed measurement
- Easy connection to Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP- and Modbus TCP/IP-based controllers via SIMATIC ET 200SP Interface Modules
- Web server for comfortable service and commissioning
- Calculation of the main process values like belt load, belt speed, flow rate, six independent totalizers, and advanced diagnostic data
- Applications: Conveyor belt scales, solids flowmeter, and weighfeeders
- Interfaces: 3× DI (24V DC); 3× DQ (24V DC); 1× RJ45; 1× RS485; 1× CI
- Ambient temperature: –30 … +60 °C
- Supported controllers: SIMATIC S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200 and S7-1500; Modbus TCP/IP- and Ethernet IP-based
- Load cell interface: 1000 Hz sampling rate; 10 V supply voltage; 0-4mV/V load cell sensitivity
- Part Number: 7MH4138-6CA00-0CU0