Magnum Systems, Inc. (United States) - The Applications Engineer ensures Magnum Systems’ sales quotation, product identification, and system design processes run smoothly, as well as, providing the best possibility of a successful/profitable application. This position will work closely with inside sales, customer service, and regional sales managers. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, follow proper procedures, and promote open communication in line with Magnum Systems’ strategic initiatives. This position coordinates and reports on the work of others.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes guidelines for acceptable performance language and outlines environmental/product parameters for optimal performance of system.
- Works with sales team and lab technician to identify the right solutions for customer satisfaction and Magnum Systems performance reputation.
- Works with purchasing to identify technical specifications and integration capabilities.
- Balances multiple projects and quotations in various stages as directed by Technical Sales Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including special projects.
- Critical Thinking. Able to proactively identify needs, predict obstacles, assess solutions, and communicate risk/reward evaluation with supporting documentation/data.
- Communication. Must work closely with other departments, employees, and customers. Listening and providing an environment for clear and open communication from all levels is critical.
- Detail Oriented. Understands that everything that leaves our facility is a representation of the company. Must have concept of “the big picture” when it comes to internal changes of policy or procedure. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with an end goal of consistency in performance and deliverables.
- Time Management/Organizational Skills. Deadline oriented for deliverables and overall timeline coordination. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Mechanical Skills. High level of expertise in layout/design concepts and mechanical engineering (preferably in packaging or processing),
Continuous education driven. Looking to improve every day and leading by example
Education and experience:
- BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering/Design or five-years relevant experience
- Five-years progressive experience in engineering/design in packaging and/or processing manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Preferred: AutoCAD experience
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Magnum Systems’ policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
Magnum Systems is proud to be a drug-free workplace.