Hardy Process Solutions (United States) - Hardy Process Solutions is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has been providing customers with weighing solutions for over 100 years and is best known for its innovative technology. The company prides itself on its ability to continuously provide superior product quality and excellent customer support. Hardy, an ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturer, currently services the food, chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, feed & grain, mining & metal, pulp & paper, oil and gas, power, and general automation industries.
With minimal direct supervision, the Technical Support Specialist utilizes their technical knowledge and expertise with Hardy Process Solutions hardware and software products to provide pre and post sales direct customer support through telephone or on-site assistance. They answer customer questions and provide guidance allowing the customer to select, install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Hardy Process weighing products and solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide customers with pre and post sales technical support for Hardy Process Solutions industrial and process weighing equipment/systems and associated applications.
- Pre Sales- Provide customers with information to assist them with product selection, competitive cross reference, product technical feature/benefits and other related assistance as needed.
- Post Sales- Provide customers with information to assist in product installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting issues and other related assistance as needed.
- Technical product support will be delivered through email, text, via web chat or over the telephone.
- Supervise and assist in the installation, commissioning, configuration and/or troubleshooting of Hardy products/solutions at customer locations as required
- Coordinates with Customer Care team (Inside Sales & Customer Service Reps) to handle customer paperwork, order processing, Return Material Authorizations (RMA), Repairs and additional related functions as needed.
- Perform product upgrades and testing in accordance with the Hardy Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) process.
- Develops Request for product Improvement (RFI) documentation based on customer need/request.
- Maintains an accurate record of support services delivered to customers in the HARDY Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Works with management and peers to drive process improvement and technological advancement within the Repair and Technical Services group.
- Supports Hardy sales personnel, channel partners, and customers with application and product expertise through development of Demo/Training Equipment, Technotes, White Papers, Technical Resource Guides, or other similar work product
- Develop and deliver technical training on Hardy products, weighing applications and relevant industrial technology to Hardy sales personnel, channel partners, and customers.
- Maintains industry, product and job expertise and proficiency through on-going personal training.
- Critical thinking – Ability to think in an organized and rational manner to understand the logical connections between ideas and facts.
- Analytical skills – Skilled at gathering and analyzing information to understand complex situations and solve problems.
- Detail oriented – Ability to pay close attention to detail to complete tasks efficiently and maintain organization
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills):
- Two or more years of technical or field service experience or equivalent, including troubleshooting and repairing industrial manufacturing or process equipment/systems.
- Verifiable proficiency in providing pre/post sales technical customer support.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Adept at remaining calm and professional during periods of peak workload.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle shifting priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Some experience with Industrial Automation Systems and Software (primarily Rockwell Automation-Allen Bradley PLC/PAC’s, HMI’s, and Configuration/Design Software)
- Some Experience working with Industrial Networking Technologies and Equipment (Industrial Protocols, Network Hardware configuration and troubleshooting).
- Demonstrated ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting on industrial manufacturing equipment- automation/mechanical/electrical controls and instruments.
- Must have experience with soldering and general electrical safety.
- Ability to use electrical/electronic and mechanical test equipment in addition to hand tools.
- Ability to work from schematics, formal written test procedures and verbal instructions.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft 365 as well as database software applications and CRM applications.
- Experience working in industrial environments utilizing necessary personal protective equipment.
- Overnight travel to customer locations approximately 20% or as business needs dictate.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s.
- Experience with Industrial/Process Weighing Equipment and Systems- Load Cells, Instruments and ancillary equipment (electrical, mechanical, electronic) and their applications.
- Previous experience selling products or services is a plus.
Associates degree (A.A.) in electronics from a college or technical school, or equivalent experience.
This position operates in manufacturing work environment.
Base pay minimum $70,000
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, up to 35 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.