Cardinal Scale (United States) - The Saw operator is responsible for handling saw requirements for the Machine Shop operation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be responsible for unloading all incoming steel from flatbed trucks/trailer with overhead crane, as well as obtaining, transfer and positioning of material for cutting.
- Verification of conformance to specifications by reading/using tape measure or other tools
- Forklift operation or willing and able to be trained to safely operate a forklift
- Must identify, store, stack, organize and stage product.
- Mark required identification on workpiece.
- Must be able to work from a pic list and determine priority of where parts are needed.
- Replace defective cutting blade or wheel,
- Other preventative maintenance as required.
- Basic Mathematics.
- Safety Conscious.
- Ability to read blueprints, tape measure and other types of measuring devices.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective Equipment Required:
- Safety glasses
- Steel-toed shoes
- Respirator or face-shield when necessary