VIA Technologies, Inc, unveiled the new VIA VAB-630 HMI system platform for accelerating the deployment of smart signage installations in retail, office, and factory environments.
Combining a highly-integrated 3.5” SBC form factor motherboard with an optional 10.1” touch panel screen, the VIA VAB-630 comes with a raft of advanced compute, graphics and video features to ensure optimum performance for interactive multimedia applications in kiosks, signage displays, and factory automation HMI systems. Functionality can be further enhanced with the integration of optional wireless communication modules, including a combination USB Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module or miniPCIe 3G module.
“The VIA VAB-630 provides a compact yet highly-scalable platform for building smart signage and HMI systems,” commented Richard Brown, VP of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “With its highly-flexible design, the platform can be customized to meet the exact usage requirements – whether it’s a smart retail signage system or multimedia information kiosk.”
Join VIA in booth #2-551 of Hall 2 at the upcoming Embedded World 2017 exhibition being held this March 14th-16th in Nuremberg, Germany to see the latest VIA Smart Signage and HMI solutions, including the VIA VAB-630 platform.
The VIA VAB-630 delivers advanced multimedia performance, rich I/O and wireless connectivity support, and advanced software development tools for a host of gateway, signage and HMI applications. Key features include:
- Compact 3.5” SBC form factor measuring just 14.6cm x 10.2cm
- 1.0GHz dual core VIA Cortex-A9 SoC
- Support for smooth 1080p video playback
- Rich I/O support, including HDMI, Mini-PCIe, USB 2.0, UART, SIM Card slot, and DIO
- Support for 3G, Wi-Fi, & BT wireless connectivity
- Optional 5V or 12V power input
- Android 5.0 BSP with VIA Smart ETK comprising a number of APIs, including Watchdog Timer (WDT), GPIO and UART access, and a sample app
- Optional 10.1″ LVDS LCD touch panel available