Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc. (United States) - The Thayer Scale Gravimetric Powder Feeder™ Model PFM-S has a patented “U-Trough” hopper that assures reliable metering. The hopper and feed section provide the first practical and economical means for metering difficult powders.
The geometry of the trough and agitator effectively deaerate and contain the powder on initial fill to help prevent flooding. Independently driven agitator maintains optimum material conditioning while screw speed can vary to control flow rate. Material does not build up within the trough or within the continuous screw tube, preventing blinding or erratic feed. This combination along with a vast selection of screw sizes and types allows material to be fed with an accuracy of ±1.0 to 2% of set rate.
Benefits of the system:
- Easy to clean, removable “no tools” trough cover plate for easy and safe access
- Quick release feed screw, for rapid clean out and product change
- Wash down, chemical duty and explosion proof available
- Sanitary construction option
- Trough agitator: independently driven, constant speed, horizontal mount with 0.5 HP, (0.37 kW AC motor 230/460). Continuously conditions material to aid in deaeration and maintain a uniform bulk density.