Strainsert (United States) - Press Release: Strainsert now offers two load pin optional features: the Analog 4-20 mA Strain Gage Module and the DSC (DCell) Digital Strain Gage Module; both of which are mounted inside a Strainsert force sensor in either a single bridge, dual bridge or biaxial configuration and optimal for applications that require high measurement accuracy, resolution, and stability.
The major advantages include:
- Eliminates the need for external signal conditioner and interconnections
- Ideal for both single and multiple sensor systems
- Miniature package that fits within Strainsert force sensor body
- Targeted for sensor applications which require transmission over long distances
- Optimal for applications in the Aerospace, Marine, Industrial Weighing and Automotive industries
The Analog 4-20 mA Strain Gage Module converts bridge sensor output into a 4-20 mA current loop. It can be powered by a standard DC power supply (7.5 to 36VDC) and is measured by remote instrumentation. Outputs can be configured for either UniPolar or Bi-Polar operation.
The DSC (DCell) Digital Strain Gage Module offers up to 500 readings/second. It converts a bridge sensor output into a digital signal and communicates using standard or custom bus protocols.
Outputs include RS-485 and CAN. Protocols include ASCII, CAN and Modbus. Software tools are also included for interfacing with device configuration, calibration, datalogging and recording.
Picture 1 Caption:
4-20 mA Strain Gage Module.
Picture 2 Caption:
DCell Digital Strain Gage Module.