OMEGA Engineering, INC. (United States) - Announcing a new level in PCB connector technology.
OMEGA PCB connector installation is now easier for high-volume production printed circuit boards. PCC-SMD Thermocouple, RTD and thermistor PCB connectors now come in convenient 13” diameter Tape and Reel packaging, which can be easily integrated into automated pick and placement processes.
The OMEGA PCC-SMD PCB connector is perfect for bringing Thermocouple, RTD, and Thermistor probes to high-volume production printed circuit boards. Take advantage of their PCB Connector’s cold junction compensation features and use it with an Analog to Digital Converter (ADC). These SMT populated connectors have a superior Mechanical design that thermally couples them to the circuit board for ideal cold-junction compensation. They can be used with any Thermocouple Calibration Type and are designed for low-cost, high-volume production and feature a patent-pending asymmetric design that prevents connectors from being plugged in backward.
"Our PCC-SMD connectors really are the next evolution in PCB design. The ease of installation into pick and place machines means you can adapt your system very easily, producing mass production, with minimal cost,” says Ahmar Bajwa, Director of Product Management for Temperature Products.
“This is due to the connectors superior design that thermally couples them to the circuit board for ideal cold-junction compression. For maximum protection and ease of use, the tape and reel packaging acts as both secure cavity and easy-feed method into your automated equipment feeds.”
For testing purposes, we are offering a free line of 20 PCB connectors. To qualify for this offer, just complete this quick questionnaire to receive our free coupon code.
PCC-SMD Connectors Feature:
- Surface mount device can be soldered directly to PCB
- Produced on a reel for use with pick-and-place machines
- Used in pairs for miniature 2-pin thermocouple connectors
- One contact per pin connection, great for RTDs and Thermistors
- Perfect for handheld thermometers and dataloggers
- Universal calibration provides great accuracy when paired with integrated cold junction compensation
- Made of nickel-plated beryllium copper, boasting a high operating temperature range (even higher range on high temp PCB)
- Patent-pending design features reverse polarity protection for error-proof assembly
OMEGA™ is an established global leader in the technical marketplace, offering more than 100,000 state-of-the-art products for measurement and control of temperature, humidity, pressure, strain, force, flow, level, pH and conductivity. OMEGA also provides customers with a complete line of data acquisition, electric heating and custom engineered products.