In general the safety program runs in the respective safety PLC. Optionally, a safety program in the Gateway can also monitor system parts without the safety PLC.
The new CIP Safety Gateway in detail:
- CIP Safety over EtherNet/IP for 2 AS-i networks
- Up to 62 safe I/Os over AS-i
- Additionally 12 terminals on the integrated Safety Monitor freely configurable, e.g.: as 6 safe outputs plus 3 safe two-channel inputs; as 6 safe two-channel inputs; as standard I/Os; as any combination of thereof
- Version "1 Gateway,1 Power Supply for 2 AS-i networks"
- Enhanced diagnostics capability, such as duplicate address recognition, integrated earth fault and EMC monitor
- Ethernet diagnostic interface
- Chip card for easy device exchange