“There are many benefits to adopting wireless devices for industrial applications. Not only do wireless devices reduce deployment costs compared to wired devices, they also increase mobility for hard-to-wire applications and enhance scalability when expanding your network backbone. However, operators must consider wireless reliability and availability when choosing wireless devices for mission-critical applications,” said Zed Shen, Moxa product manager. “Industrial wireless devices require a rugged design that includes advanced EMS protection against the electrical disturbances found in harsh industrial environments, and seamless WLAN roaming to increase network availability for rolling stock industrial applications. By offering better wireless communication than what you’d expect, the new AWK-1131A series can meet all of these requirements.”
The new AWK-1131A series features 802.11n technology, which is perfect for video surveillance applications that require up to a 300 Mbps data rate and Gigabit wired transmissions. With the release of the AWK-1131A, Moxa now offers a comprehensive portfolio with both single-radio and dual-radio IEEE 802.11n industrial wireless solutions for the bandwidth-hungry systems found in industrial applications.
AWK-1131A Series Features:
- Advanced EMS protection against electromagnetic interference
- Galvanic isolation technology on all interfaces for device reliability and longevity
- 802.11n MIMO technology reduces multipath effects and increases data rates up to 300 Mbps
- Moxa client-based Turbo Roaming with millisecond level roaming capability
- Palm-size, cost-effective solution for easy installation in space-restricted locations