Although wireless networks provide many benefits—including cost savings, flexibility, scalability, and making network expansion and restructuring easy—network reliability under harsh and complex environments remains a major obstacle to operators adopting wireless solutions for mission-critical applications. According to Moxa Product Manager Jeffrey Ke, “Industrial environments have many hidden threats that can damage your wireless devices. Operators need a wireless device that can provide stronger protection to minimize the possibility of device failure. Furthermore, once device failure or frequent interruptions take place, the wireless device must be able to provide seamless failover. Our new generation AWK-A series is designed to fulfill this demand and overcome environmental obstacles to provide the most reliable wireless connectivity available.”
To ensure wireless network reliability, the AWK-A series industrial AP/bridge/client also features up to 300 Mbps throughput for high bandwidth applications like video surveillance, innovative Turbo Roaming technology for seamless roaming within milliseconds, and DFS channel support that allows wider range 5 GHz channel selection to avoid existing wireless infrastructures and interference.
AWK-A Series Features:
- Supports IEEE 802.11n technology with a net data rate of up to 300 Mbps
- Integrated antenna and power isolation designed to protect against external electrical interference
- AeroLink Protection for creating a redundant wireless link within milliseconds between APs and clients (AWK-3131A only)
- Client-based Turbo Roaming for fast recovery time in milliseconds between APs
- DFS channel support allows wider range 5 GHz channel selection to avoid existing wireless infrastructures and interference (AWK-1131A only; the AWK-3131A will be available by Q4, 2015)