Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery, Inc. (United States) - Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery, Inc. is a family-owned company that manufactures packaging and inspection equipment for the food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
We are hiring an Assembler in our T Cell Assembly Department. Assemblers are responsible for assembling fully customized and highly complex filling solutions/machines in accordance with engineering specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles fully customized and highly complex filling solutions/machines, including dual, combined, 3-A machines and Parts Orders in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Assembles, sub-assemblies and parts orders as needed.
- Follows very detailed and highly complex engineering assembly prints/guidelines to assemble/subassemble complex filling solutions/machines using hand and/or power tools.
- Torques bolts according to engineering guidelines.
- Inspects finished goods to ensure they meet customer and company requirements.
- Inspects, tests and adjusts completed machines to ensure units meet extremely critical specifications/ tolerances and customer order requirements.
- Notifies Purchasing of inventory shortages.
- Notifies Engineering of Bills of Material errors.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Performs crating or shipping of finished goods.
- Loads and unloads trucks for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Performs other projects as directed by management.
- Observes all safety rules, applicable regulations and relevant company standards/guidelines.
- Reports unsafe conditions and needed repairs to the cell lead.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience/Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of five years of high skilled experience in mechanical assembly experience of complex industrial equipment in a manufacturing facility required.
- Proven proficiency with calipers and other measuring equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Proven experience with complex rigging of large, more complex equipment.
- Ability to evaluate the relationship of parts to the whole system.
- Hand and power tool proficient.
- Ability to maintain quality, and safety, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to detect problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees effectively.
- Must have the excellent ability to read and understand engineering specifications, assembly plans, and other manufacturing instructions.
Job Type: Full-time:
- Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Assembly Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place