Precisa (UK) - Marketing & Communications Manager (UK & International Remit) - Edinburgh Instruments
Location: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland. Hybrid working.
Salary: £DOE, includes benefits, bonus and pension
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is an international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities around the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness, and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit a Marketing & Communications Manager to join our Livingston Headquarters.
What You’ll Be doing:
Reporting to the Group Head of Product, the Marketing & Communications Manager will lead the marketing & graphics team with a remit to provide the Techcomp Group with a fully joined up, collaborative and responsive marketing & communications function. Working across the Techcomp Group of companies, they will own the marketing strategy, establish a consistent tone of voice with compelling stories to drive traffic and develop a unified communications message.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Marcomms – produce a wide range of online and offline marketing communications materials – high quality brochures, advertisements, direct mail, newsletters, press releases etc. that are in line with brands and corporate identity.
- Global Exhibitions & Conferences – work closely with key stakeholders to identify, book and provide end2end marketing input and support including booth design.
- Content Creation – work closely with the technical teams to create relevant, consistent content at the right level to reach optimal audiences.
- Advertising – digital & print including managing external agencies.
- Budget Management – marcomms for each Group company.
- Team Management – leadership, development and motivation.
- Ownership of company websites – CMS and SERP.
- Deliver bottom line success – review KPIs, track results, monthly reporting.
- Analysis – Track the Company’s website traffic through Google Analytics and Google Ad Words and acting upon the information.
- Undertake off-site visits to support the Company as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- You’ll be an experienced Marketing Manager with an impressive track record of success leading a multi-functional team.
- Your profile will include developing marketing strategy, managing budgets and key stakeholder management and engagement.
- You’ll enjoy writing innovative, creative copy to a high standard adapting style for different channels and audiences, and will be a stickler for accuracy!
- With broad digital channel marketing expertise to grow audiences you’ll be adept at lead generation and a strong user of SEO, Google Analytics and Google Ad Words; with the ability to act upon the data and track KPI’s. CMS and SERP experience also essential.
- You’ll understand the benefits of collaborative working with the wider technical teams (sales, applications & product management) and be a considered thinker.
- Possess the ability to own a communication plan and implement a consistent tone of voice.
- We’re a fast-paced multi-branded business and so the desire to get stuck in with a practical hands-on approach is key.
- You’ll have some previous line management experience and understand the importance of resource allocation, people development, task delegation and prioritisation.
- Results orientated you will track results and celebrate success.
- A degree in Marketing or a related discipline, would be beneficial but not essential.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, pension scheme, paid holidays, employee discount scheme, cycle to work, subsidised gym membership and group life, permanent health & private medical insurance.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.