Nelson-Jameson, Inc. (United States) - Warehouse duties as required to operate an effective, safe and efficient facility.
- Proficient at completing all necessary documents required for unloading and loading of trucks.
- Accurately receive purchase orders and complete required documentation.
- Accurately use “put-a-way” process.
- Print orders and pick lists.
- Assist with inventory and cycle counts.
- Print, pick, and ship transfers.
- Accurately pick and prepare products for outgoing shipments to include LTL, small parcel, routes, and customer pick-ups.
- Accurately “ship confirm” and prepare all necessary documents required for outbound orders.
- Assist in keeping the facility clean and orderly, including sweeping and dusting.
- Operate all onsite forklifts that could include turret truck, order picker, deep reach, counterbalance, and pallet jack.
- Assist with offsite Service and Repairs projects, as follows:
- Possess or willingness to learn the skills to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair plant equipment related problems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic for sanitary and utility equipment.
- Possess or willingness to learn dairy and/or pharmaceutical standards and equipment
- Willingness to travel to offsite locations, as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High school degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Warehouse and shipping experience.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driver record.
- Wireless Warehouse Management System scanner
- Shipping equipment
- Battery charger
- Floor scrubber
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 56#, occasionally lift and/or move more than 75#, and infrequently push/pull greater than 115#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, dust particles, ladders, hazardous chemicals and slight risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The working surface is concrete.
- Days: Monday – Friday, typically varies between 7:00a.m. – 5:30p.m., schedule could encompass all shifts. Overtime: As needed. Possible need for service work on a weekend and/or at "off" business hours.
The above is an overview of the position described and is not intended to be all inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Responsibility and Duty satisfactorily. The qualifications including physical demands listed, are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.