Key Technology (United States) - SupportPro, a Duravant service company, is designed to deliver equipment lifecycle management shaped to meet customer needs, specifically across Duravant’s collection of Operating Companies and their various brands. We are equipped to advance priority access to critical parts, deploy factory-trained equipment experts and master technicians on-site, and help execute an asset management plan including installation, start-up, maintenance, and modernization.
As a Field Service Manager for SupportPro, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic decisions, enhance the quality of services offered to customers, as well as developing a team of skilled engineer technicians. The Field Service Manager will be directing and coordinating customer service activities personally or through direct reports and ensuring all processes and procedures are followed and understood by the service team.
The Field Service Manager will develop and execute initiatives to grow service and parts revenue and is responsible in managing KPIs in a service territory and enact and seek opportunities and improvements to improved territory P&L. The Field Service Manager will exhibit the ability to act in a leadership role and have the proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relations.
**This position will be operating remotely in the Southwest Region. Requires up to 50% travel**
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Direct management of field service technicians’ activities across the various Duravant operating companies
- Oversee the allocation of technician resources and their overall effective utilization including implementing standards and processes for improvement.
- Work with various regional SupportPro and operating company teams to determine and implement robust cross-training initiatives.
- Assure ongoing safety, compliance and investigate any accidents or injuries and prepare report findings including overseeing worker training in safety, repair and maintenance techniques, operational procedures or equipment use for optimal organizational effectiveness.
- Implementation of Lean Management principles to improve overall efficiency and reduction of waste.
- Actively communicate with customers and work alongside the customer service team to ensure an industry-leading level of customer service.
- Coordinate and work with the customer service team to drive value added parts and service sales and customer awareness. These items include but are not limited to preventative maintenance, training, and retrofit and machine upgrade kits.
- Ensure team expenses, utilization, and performance align with budget and revenue projections. Reduce warranty costs.
- Coordinate timely communication / documentation between operations and engineering for escalations and critical projects.
- Lead employee performance reviews and design improvement plans based on individual employee development needs and also recommend or initiate personnel actions such as hires, terminations, disciplinary measures, or worker job-skill improvement.
- Take ownership of outstanding customer issues and work with the proper internal teams to ensure they are closed as quickly as possible.
What We Are Looking For:
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 5 years’ of experience directly managing people, preferably in an industrial machine manufacturing plant or similar industry
- Thorough knowledge of equipment manufacturing processes with demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge of manufacturing equipment including designs, repairs and maintenance.
- Proven communication ability to build and lead effective and diverse teams across various territories.
- Experience leading teams in handling customer issue resolution and developing plans for improvement through root cause analysis.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Relevant experience with ERP/CRM applications is a bonus.
The position requires up to 50% travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts, machines, and vehicles.
The incumbent must occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate but can be excessive in manufacturing and processing environments. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
A successful candidate will have a drive for team leadership, a track record of success in an industrial maintenance or manufacturing environment, and a passion for improving customer experience.
SupportPro is Duravant’s brand for service, our customer’s global source for parts and service support. We are a connected service organization for the operating companies under the Duravant family. Our family of companies includes nVenia, FMH Conveyors, Key Technology, and many more. SupportPro becomes a partner to our customers for equipment support and performance optimization on a global scale, with a diverse portfolio of service and support offerings. This fast-growing organization aims to be the premier customer support organization and offers the right candidate the opportunity to help build and shape this growth engine while having the backing of a parent organization.