British Engines (United Kingdom) - British Engines is a leading engineering group with a long heritage in the North East of England since 1922. Working across the globe, the group offers professionals, graduates and apprentices the opportunity to work within a fast paced, innovative business.
Employing approximately 1,200 people, our eight businesses design, manufacture, assemble, test and service leading products and components for a wide range of industries including the renewables, digital, defence, power, nuclear, aerospace, robotics, oil and gas, chemical, marine, construction and agriculture sectors.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Assistant to join the British Engines Group on a full time, permanent basis. If you are passionate and well organised, and would like to develop a career in marketing for an established North East brand, we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Group Marketing Manager, you will assist in the development and creation of online and offline marketing campaigns across the British Engines Group.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate knowledge of digital and online marketing. This role requires excellent writing skills and a high level of attention to detail. A good working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and video editing is desirable.
The marketing department at British Engines is a busy, dynamic and fast paced environment. We work for seven businesses across the group, with many projects at any one time, so strong time management and organisation skills are essential. The candidate must be a team player, and be able to work on their own whilst portraying their own initiative, but also contribute to our creative processes as a team.
The successful candidate must have 9 – 4/A – C in GCSE Maths, English and Science. A Marketing qualification would be advantageous but not essential, training will be provided.
A full UK driving licence and own transport is essential due to travel between sites in the North East of England.
What you'll be doing:
- To provide assistance to the Group Marketing Manager
- To develop content for case studies and social media posts
- To develop content for and maintain company websites using WordPress
- To create video content, alongside a videographer, for training purposes and social media channels
- To use Adobe design packages for the production of marketing content/literature
- To assist in the coordination of events including worldwide trade show exhibitions
- To implement internal communication strategies
- To assist in the analysis of marketing analytics and search engine optimisation data
- To complete administrative duties include minute taking, maintaining marketing drives and invoicing
- To work with suppliers in the design, print, photography, digital and translation sectors
- To conduct market sector research as and when required
- To develop and maintain brand guidelines and standards
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Hurry, applications close:
10 November 2022.
What we offer:
- Training to develop your career in marketing
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme