Baker Perkins (United Kingdom) - Production Engineer.
Job Title: Production Engineer
Position this role reports to: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Job Grade: 11 (indicative)
- To produce accurate specifications for machined and fabricated components.
- Enable the manufacture of existing designs by remodeling, and create tool designs, in CAD
- Engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules.
- Provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations.
- Be responsible in reducing costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business.
- A Mechanical / Production Engineering qualification would be an advantage.
- Apprenticeship and /or broad manufacturing engineering experience
- You will produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for machined and fabricated components.
- You will produce Tool and fixture designs on CAD
- You will produce engineering CAD models from existing designs to support our aftermarket offering.
- You will produce DXF files from engineering models.
- Carry out continuous improvement project work across a range of processes
- Resolve problems and improve processes, methods within manufacturing teams.
- Provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business.
- Provide an effective Interface between technical and shop floor personnel
- Develop ideas for reducing costs in the business.
- Support and promote our continuous improvement culture.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Fully conversant with CAD (Ideally NX)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the latest manufacturing process and technologies.
- Experience in using integrated manufacturing ERP systems
- Experience with writing specifications, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, creative and able to work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Willingness to travel if business requires.
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.