All-Fill Inc. (United States) - Scope of Position: The CNC Machinist produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine safely and accurately. The CNC Machinist is responsible for ensuring our company produces quality parts and tools specific to engineering drawings.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three-and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushes; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Preparing and loading raw materials and parts onto machine.
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Preparing a test run to check if the machine produces outputs according to specifications.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result. Detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process had been completed properly.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Completes productions and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- Functional and technical skills.
- Supply Management.
- Detail orientated and results driven.
- Good communication ability.
This job takes place within a clean, well lit, ventilated and air-conditioned manufacturing facility. Subject to noise from machinery. Regularly exposed to hazardous situations and equipment, such as high-speed machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Must have manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires ability to walk, climb, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Some overtime required as business needs dictate.
Travel: There is no travel requirements for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 2+ years' experience as a CNC machinist.
- Mazak programming experience is a huge plus.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
All-Fill and Auger Fabrications, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.