The new inductive sensors BES with adjustable switching distance provide IO-Link convenience. For example, during configuration via IO-Link, the sensor checks whether the correct distance from the detecting object is being maintained. This avoids damage to objects positioned close by.
An additional check is carried out to ensure that the permitted working range is being maintained. This ensures that the sensor is programmed to move within the safe working range exclusively. This prevents damage to the sensor or machine reliably.
This introduces the sensor to completely new areas of application. For example, rotary indexing tables can be optimally controlled or, in linear motions, sensors can be tailored perfectly to targets that approach the detection range from the side.
After successful IO-Link configuration, the sensor can be set to the SIO mode and then work like a standard sensor. The teachable inductive sensor BES is available in M12×1. Its switching distance is 0.5…2 mm.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Series production of machines with fixed installation specifications and subsequent IO-Link configuration
- Remote monitoring using IO-Link distance values
- Controlling the installation by monitoring the setting range
- Reducing sensor and machine damage
- Cost-effective 3-wire standard wiring
- Controlling rotary indexing tables
- Detecting end positions of levers
- Soft-stopping linear movements
- Monitoring interlocks
- Controlling grippers
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.