“Electronic designs are shaping the future of human connectivity and enable us to create innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing problems,” said Matthew Schwaiger, VP Global Customer Success at Altium. “Altium Designer 16.1 continues our focus of providing the most efficient and unified design environment available that allows engineers to transform ideas into reality without their design tool acting as a barrier to their creativity.”
Connecting Design and Documentation Workflows:
While documentation is a critical element of every post-design process, engineers typically find themselves struggling with limited, 3rd-party documentation tools that lack a connection to their original design data. With Draftsman™ in Altium Designer 16.1, PCB designers can easily create and update documentation without ever leaving their design workspace. Draftsman enables PCB designers to:
- Stay at their most efficient by creating and updating assembly documentation without ever having to learn another tool or workflow.
- Easily communicate with manufacturing with easy-to-use markup and drawing object tools, all available in the same familiar design interface.
- Provide data-rich details on board layouts with detailed perspectives, flexible board layout views, and expressive call-outs.
New Productivity-Focused Features in Altium Designer 16.1:
In addition to Draftsman, Altium Designer 16.1 also includes several new productivity-focused features that allows PCB designers to easily complete their high-speed designs and mechanical enclosure verifications with:
- Precise 3D Measurements - Engineers can precisely measure board layouts in Native 3D and ensure a precise fit with existing mechanical enclosures.
- USB 3.0 Support - Engineers can easily design accurate and high-speed board layouts with technology-aware configurations for USB 3.0.
- Performance enhancements - Engineers can confidently complete their designs with several platform stability and user interface enhancements.
Altium Designer 16.1 is available now as a free upgrade to all Altium Subscription customers and can be downloaded from the Altium Products Download page. Start your free 15 day trial of Altium Designer today and experience all of the new features available in this release.